The vTeam is the volunteering branch of the student activities and a core part of the students union. We love to volunteer and believe it is a fantastic opportunity for everyone to meet new people, find friends, give something to the community, and gain valuable careers skills on top of it!
The vTeam is for everyone who is interested to get involved. Whether you have volunteered all your life, or just want to try it out: we run many different projects throughout the year that you can join.And if you can't find what you are looking for, you can always suggest a project to us!
Membership is for free, and you can always sign up to our newsletter as well to stay up-to-date with our activities.
If you have any questions, queries, ideas, don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com
watch the 90sec guide to the vTeam
where we are
Have you found us yet?
That's right- university is so many things for each and everyone of us! It's not just about studying, but the life on campus, going out, have drinks with friends, being part of s sport club, compete in BUCS sports, shopping trips to Tesco's, getting lost on campus, waiting for the bus, hanging around in the sun, complaining about the weather...
Volunteering is one of these activities that students do, and it's our mission to get most people involved in our many projects that we run throughout the year. Whether you are a regular volunteer or like to get involved on a casual basis, there is always a place for you.
our mission & vision in a nutshell
As our mission, we want to:
• Offer a diverse range of projects which anybody can be part of
• Encourage creativity and development when supporting projects
• Facilitate originality when developing new projects and ideas
• Offer volunteers the chance to gain extra skills and experience through volunteering
• Ensure all projects are robust in their setup and are allowed to grow annually
Our vision is to:
• Support and develop student led projects both on campus and in the local community
• Act as a liaison between students and local organisations and community groups
• Provide Frontrunners with training space, meeting rooms and resources
• Provide support in recruitment, training, CRB checks, monitoring and evaluation
• Offer advice, training and support in all areas of their project
• Promote, record and recognise the valued contribution students make to the lives of others through volunteering
• Make volunteering accessible, fun and enjoyable
the vTeam staff
There are a few people you are bound to encounter at some point after you have joined the vTeam. These people are here to help and support you to be part of something amazing!
He is the permanent member of staff working for the SU since 2009. He manages and oversees all of the vTeam.
Already in her second year working for the vTeam, Vicky organises and oversees the one-off projects.
Responsible for everything around media and how we present the vTeam: website, blog, facebook, twitter, print..
Taking over all the administrative jobs in the office this year and is the primary contact for any questions.
Managing the regular projects of mentoring, art club, global voices, numbers, golden age and trampolining.
Managing the regular projects of allotment, Einstein, small world, time travellers, money mind and origami.