Drinking for many students becomes a big part of their experience at university. We don’t want to stop your fun, we just want you to be safe, so remember these top tips.
- Make sure you eat something first to line your stomach – eating is defiantly NOT cheating!
- Keep a close eye on your drink, and be very aware of anyone potentially spiking your drink
- Drink plenty of water and soft drinks in between alcohol to avoid dehydrating
- Keep fit and healthy. The average fresher gains 14 pounds of weight due to excessive drinking, ekkkk!
- Drink at least a pint of water before going to bed to make sure you don’t miss that 9AM lecture, or wake up with a killer hangover!
100 young people are admitted to hospital for alcohol related diseases EVERY day! Don’t become one of them.
You will have some the best times of your life in SU venues but make sure you keep safe. A few tips to make sure you stay safe and enjoy your night.
- Make sure you have a fully charged mobile
- Plan ahead and know how you are going to get home
- Keep safe walking home, buy a personal alarm from the Advice centre
- Condoms! If you find the perfect guy or girl it is always best to be safe not sorry
- SU Venue staff are not just there to provide you with a great time, they are there to keep you safe. Don’t be afraid to ask them for help or report anything you think is dangerous or suspicious.
Best tip of all is to be aware of your surroundings, and if you feel in danger get help!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."