further advice


SU Advice is only able to provide advice relating to the extension of a Student visa from within the UK, the extension of a Student Dependent visa where the dependent is applying at the same time as the student, information about breaching student conditions and information about the Work After Study options available to students.  If your query is related to a different aspect of your Student visa immigration conditions or your rights to study, or if it is an issue that is over and above our level of competence we will need to refer you to an alternate advice service.


University advice services


In the first instance we would recommend you to visit the University's Immigration pages where you will find lots of information and guidance, they also have an Online Immigration Enquiry Form if you have questions that you can not find the answers to on their website.


Free advice services


UKCISA (The UK Council for International Student Affairs) - UKCISA is a charitable organisation that provide advice and guidance on UK Student Immigration.  They offer free telephone advice to students - 0207 788 9214 (open 1pm to 4pm, Monday to Friday).  Their advice line can be very busy so you may to keep redialling until you can get through.

CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU (CAB) - Citizens Advice Bureaus offer free advice on many different issues.  They have local offices in most towns, some of which are able to provide Immigration advice.  You check their website for details of the services offered at your local office.  


Regulated immigration advice services


In some cases you may need to seek specialist immigration advice from a Regulated Immigration Adviser, such as a solicitor.  You can search for regulated immigration advisers via the following services:

Please be aware that most, if not all, Immigration Solicitors will charge a fee for their advice services.  You may be able to receive a fixed fee for initial advice or negotiate a fixed fee for certain advice services.  We recommend you ask about their fees when contacting them and before booking any advice appointments.

Services local to Colchester Campus: