So you fancy yourself as being the Leader of the SU?
Sounds impressive doesn’t it? But what does it actually mean to be the SU President, is it something anyone can do?
Yes any University of Essex students can apply and all of our past SU Presidents started out just like you!
But what does it mean to be the SU President?
You would be the President of the University of Essex Students' Union (SU), which is a large charity across has three campuses. You would be the Chair of the Trustee board and the Executive Managers Board, as well as Line Manager to the 6 other elected members of the Student Leadership Team. You would be the public face of Essex SU.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for improving the lives of other students
- Is happy to work with a variety of different people in very different roles
- Has an understanding of the Higher Education environment and is responsive to current issues effecting students
- Is a leader
- Is creative and determined
- Can act as an advocate for students in university & SU meetings
- Is looking to develop new transferrable skills
- Is social media savvy
We don’t expect our elected representatives to arrive with tonnes of experience. We will provide training on areas that you might need support with such as people management, chairing meetings, public speaking and how to be a great Trustee.
Download full Job Description here.