What and who runs the su?
The Trustee Board has overall responsibility for the management and administration of Essex SU. However, this is done on a daily basis by the Chief Executive, the Director Team and the staff . The director team is made up of the following:
- Chief Executive – Craig Stephens
- Director of Finance and HR– Barbara Reynolds
- Director of Student Services – Reeves Watson
- Director of Marketing and Strategy – Steve Haugh
The chief executive reports to the trustee board
The University of Essex Student Union's trustees are legally responsible for the charity, its assets and activities. They are a group of people we put our trust in to make sure that our SU is in safe hands.
Our Trustee Board is made up of sixteen people. Seven of these are the elected Student Exec officers, who also have responsibilities as a trustee, as well as representing the student body. The other trustees are made up of 6 students and 3 non students. These trustees are appointed because of their experience, skills and commitment to Essex University. Their profiles can be found here.
What responsibility do the board have?
- Ensure that Essex SU has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these
- Ensure Essex SU complies with all legal and industry regulatory requirements
- Be responsible for Essex SU's budget; making sure that we have enough money to help you love your time at Essex now and in the future
- Ensure that Essex SU's governance is of the highest possible standard
The Board of Trustees doesn’t get involved in the representation side of things at Essex SU. Representation of students is the responsibility of the your student Exec who ensure that the voice of the student body students is heard throughout the University and Union. Details of these can be found www.essexstudent.com/your officers