Show calorie amounts on SU Food menus
Currently, all food menus in the su bar and other food venues do not show calories in the food. It would help students who wish to be conscious of their calorie intake and help students to keep to a diet.
We are setting up a project group to work with our venues team in order to find a way to make this idea work without any significant downside such as increases in products' prices.
The Executive Team has decided that Tancrede Chartier will lead the idea.
SU venues do not have a fixed menu, thus the ingredients change over time and it would be difficult to display their calories. Furthermore, the request would be rather expensive according to staff members. VP Services & Comms is working in collaboration with the student to explore possible solutions.
Even if the original idea is not financially possible at this moment in time we have come to an agreement to show where the healthy options are.
Unfortunately, this idea cannot be progressed any further. The large implementation cost to bring this in, would mean a massive increase in the price of food already available. Given that the new Student Parliment decided to focus on reducing the cost of living as one of their priorities, this would work against that, meaning overall it is simply not feasible as this point in time.
HAVE YOUR SAY
HOW it works
- Once the idea has been approved students will have 5 days to make suggestions to improve the idea.
- If suggestions are made and accepted by the proposer than the Union Chair will approve the final idea before voting opens.
- Voting will then open for five days.
- Ideas will only be considered by the Students' Union Executive if they receive at least 25 yes votes or 40% of the vote being yes, which ever number is the greatest.
- The idea will be accepted by the Executive if over 60% of the vote supports the idea. If it is inbetween 40% and 60% it will be referred to an All Student Meeting. If the idea gets over 60% of members supporting the Students' Union Executive can still refer the idea to an All Student Meeting.
Please click on a box above to view comments on this idea