Whilst the campus has lots of social spaces, it doesn't have many places where u can take a short rest if u have early and late lectures which are making the day long. When I studied at UEA we had a nap room where u could take a short nap ?? it was great, you book a 30 min slot and have a power nap thus increasing the days productivity!
SU Pods where created during the exam period
Idea has been approved.
A space has provisionally been identified, and this will be raised at the next Silberrad Users Group meeting to see what can be done.
The idea was part of Josh’s manifesto who is currently working with the university on finding an appropriate space.
As part of our exam campaign we have provided SU Pods where students had the possibility to take short naps and we are planning to do this on an annually basis.
HAVE YOUR SAY
HOW it works
- Once the idea has been approved students will have 5 days to make suggestions to improve the idea.
- If suggestions are made and accepted by the proposer than the Union Chair will approve the final idea before voting opens.
- Voting will then open for five days.
- Ideas will only be considered by the Students' Union Executive if they receive at least 25 yes votes or 40% of the vote being yes, which ever number is the greatest.
- The idea will be accepted by the Executive if over 60% of the vote supports the idea. If it is inbetween 40% and 60% it will be referred to an All Student Meeting. If the idea gets over 60% of members supporting the Students' Union Executive can still refer the idea to an All Student Meeting.