We should introduce a corner where all students are free to take a seat and cry their frustrations out without being judged. The university could provide some free tissues and a couple of sofas we can all sit on and have a quiet place to cry it out without having to go home.
The idea has passed the voting stage and will be discussed in the next Executive Meeting.
The Executive Team has decided that Masud Abdulkadir will lead the idea.
We are planning to introduce the "crying corner" in SU Lets once the refurbishmnet is finished. We target to be up and running by the end of January 2018.
HAVE YOUR SAY
HOW it works
- Once the idea has been approved students will have 5 days to make suggestions to improve the idea.
- If suggestions are made and accepted by the proposer than the Union Chair will approve the final idea before voting opens.
- Voting will then open for five days.
- Ideas will only be considered by the Students' Union Executive if they receive at least 25 yes votes or 40% of the vote being yes, which ever number is the greatest.
- The idea will be accepted by the Executive if over 60% of the vote supports the idea. If it is inbetween 40% and 60% it will be referred to an All Student Meeting. If the idea gets over 60% of members supporting the Students' Union Executive can still refer the idea to an All Student Meeting.
Please click on a box above to view comments on this idea