SU Bar Staff
Listed by Essex Students' Union
Application deadline: Sun 21 Oct 2018
Su bar staff
this is no normal job.
We're on a journey to become the world's most student-centred organisation and this is your chance to join us. As an SU bar member of bar staff you will be expected to help us deliver the student's union promises. Have amazing communication skills, be willing to deliver Kick ass customer service while working in a high tempo environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO.
THE DAY TO DAY.
As a SU Bar staff you will help the SU and its image by being a champion of excellent customer service. You will be responsible for drinks preparation and service, till operation, cash handling and customer service, stock rotation, stocking, product knowledge, and assiting with events and promotions and reporting back to supervisors if you have any problems. You will also be assisting in some key events throughout the year such as Fresher's Fair and Summer Ball.
What we stand for
Our mission can be easily summed up in four promises we make to all of our members. Every single thing we do falls under one of these promises.
1: We promise to get you an amazing degree and job
We'll fill up your CV, make sure you course is great, and even give out fruit and water before exams. We'll give you all the tools you need to destroy the competition in interviews.
2: We promise to give you a kick-ass membership
Bars, coffee shops, restaurants, a nightclub, hair salon, even a cinema, all on campus. And hundreds of clubs and societies too. You'll never be bored at Essex.
3: We promise to let you shape everything
You're in charge of what we stock in our venues and how we work. You can vote by dropping a token in a box, and write on our walls. You control everything we do together.
4: We promise to be here for everyone
We're a mix of students from 135 different countries of every age, gender, sexuality, religion, year of study and shoe size. We'll look after you whatever.
- Be a champion of excellent customer service in your area
- Prepare and service drinks to required standard and in line with Health & Safety standards and legislation
- Conform to bar and steward operations procedures and make recommendations for change when appropriate
- Contribute as a team member to ideas in relation to perational efficiency and service standards and make recommendations
- Carry out any cleaning as directed front and back of house
- Till operation and cash handling
- attend all relevant training
- Assist in promotions and events
- Assist in relevant key events througout the year e.g Fresher's Fair, Summer Ball etc.
- Work with all team members in a fair and respectful manner in accordance with legislation and SU Policy and Procedures
- Any other duties, as may be reasonably required, from time to time.
Who you are
The kind of person you'll need to be
So that's a bit about us.
what about you?
Sounds like the dream job for you? Good, now it's time to show us why you're the person we're looking for.
I'm ready to apply, let's do this.