We're all working hard to ensure that when you join Essex in October, you'll be able to enjoy your SU membership, whilst keeping the campus a safe environment for everyone.
We are following the government guidelines and for all SU venues that can open in October, we're currently putting the following measures in place to keep you safe:
· We'll be managing the number of people coming into our venues at any one time
· When you're walking around, there will be one way systems in many of our areas
· You'll see some protective screens for the safety of you and our lovely SU staff
· Our licensed trade venues are set up to provide socially distanced seating
· You'll be able to place your food and drinks order easily and quickly through our app
· You can be assured that there is an enhanced cleaning regime in place
We'll be constantly reviewing how we adapt our services and venues to give you the best experience possible within a safe environment.
As well as making sure that all of our on-campus services are safe, we'll also be making it easy to use your SU membership benefits online, including societies, clubs, SU Advice and SU Reception.
We're working closely with the University of Essex on these plans. For more details on how the uni are prioritising your health, safety and wellbeing, watch their videos and hear how they are going to help students stay safe on campus this Autumn, visit the regularly updated University of Essex COVID-19 FAQs page here.
Love, Your SU x