If you want to get home from a night out on campus or even working late, you can catch the Safety Bus home for just 1£ - latest info and timetables can be found here
If you're in town, it may be a good idea to get a taxi home. Make sure you've got some local taxi numbers saved in your phone before going out. There are taxi ranks in town too - try the High Street.
It could be handy to download the Companion App - this allows friends to 'virtually' walk you home.
WHAT ABOUT THE STREET LIGHTS - ARE THEY GOING TO BE TURNED BACK ON BETWEEN 1AM AND 5AM?
- This is something we are constantly raising with the local council. We are regularly attending meetings with local councillors and any updates on the situation will be passed on.
- The latest information on it can be found here.
- There’s been an increase in student burglaries off campus in the last few weeks. Here are some obvious but simple ways to keep your stuff:
- If you’ve got any questions or worries, drop the SU Street Rep team an email at email@example.com.
- 1.If your locks aren’t working, or your door doesn’t close properly, let the landlord know so they can fix it.
- 2.Register your valuables with Immobilise https://www.immobilise.com/ – it’ll mean that if the police find your stuff they can tell it’s yours
- 3.Keep a light on if you can
- 4.Make sure you’re locking your doors and windows on the way out
- 5.Try to hide your valuables from the windows