NSS (NATIOANL STUDENT SURVEY) FEEDBACK
- Had meeting with the Vice Chancellor, PVC of Education and the Academic registrar about what is being done about departments that did not perform as well in this year’s NSS, and find out ways for the SU to help.
- Scheduled meeting with every head of department with VP Education to discuss NSS results. Focus mainly on what will be done to improve teaching quality this year.
- Met with the maths department, who did very well in NSS this year. Discussed ways to maintain and increase student satisfaction.
- All departments will be visited by the end of September.
SABBATICAL VISIBILITY AND TRANSPARENCY
Increase more visibility on twitter and Facebook, closed down some (not all) unofficial fresher’s pages. Negotiated with page owners to change names of groups created to avoid confusion.
Had meeting with the University communications team, the Careers Centre communications team, to work on establishing and stronger relationship, so that marketing of events is better.
- Increasing sabbatical presence in Loughton: Have joined the Loughton Steering group, planned my own monthly visits to Loughton
- Confirmed election dates with for the East 15 President
- Had a meeting with James (Manager Loughton SU) to plan 3/4 new events for Loughton students this term.
UNIVERSITY RENT PRICES
Scheduled a meeting with VP Southend and the finance department; to plan a case study to help reduce rents for 2017/2018.
- Poll done on social media, to allow student to choose the name for urban nights on campus. Students chose for it to stay named ‘Coko’.
- Two urban events confirmed for fresher fortnight.
- Had a meeting the University alumni office; more information was given about how to engage student with alumni’s
- Working with university and departments to create very effective, speed networking events with alumni’s and students
- Mentorship programme: working with the alumni office and the Career’s centre to launch the Alumni mentorship programme. I have signed up to be mentored myself, to help give direct feedback.
- Mentorship programme: scheduled meeting with the sabbatical team to find ways to promote the programme to students.
- Helping confirm the final few spaces for he careers companies for the careers fair this year, by emailing and speaking to HR departments from different companies.
EMPLOYABILITY THROUGH ENTREPRISE
- Had a meeting with careers centre about events for global entrepreneurial week November 14th -18th
- Had meetings with Enactus Essex and VP Southend to, make this campaign go across campuses.
- Drafted an Enterprise year calendar.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
- Confirmed dates for Black history month. Confirmed venues for each event
- Had a Meeting with Charites and organisations from Colchester town; collaborating with these companies for some events in BHM.
- BHM Networking event: planned and between 8-12 companies to come.
If you have got any questions or comments about my report please post them below or contact me at email@example.com.
HAVE YOUR SAY