BLACK HISTORY MONTH:
- I have been working with the promise 3 and 4 department, VP Southend and the BAME (Black , Asian and Minority ethnic’s ) officers to finalised a calendar form black history month - Which has been sorted.
- Organised ‘Connect’ and networking day for students where black professionals come to educate and inspire student’s about the working world. There will be one happening in Southend and in Colchester
- COKO - sorted! Will be happening regularly throughout the year
- Two urban nights confirmed for freshers’ week.
- Steering groups: came up with a marketing strategy on how to attract students from East 15 to stand for election
- Marketing: got all the Sabbs to be administrator on the Loughton page
- Set up meetings
- Black history month Loughton: plans are undergoing – to have an open mic nights/poetry night and Black lives matter vigil
- Planning a fireworks display for Loughton students
- Admins on Southend fresher’s arrivals page :
- Held arrivals mixer for east 15 students. Created a quiz which’d helped educated the student about the Students’ Union.
- Black history Week in Southend: plans are undergoing – to have an open mic nights/poetry night and Black lives matter vigil, quiz and networking event.
UNIVERSITY RENT PRICES:
- Had a meeting with student support with VP Southend to bring a case and to convince the university to bring rents prices down
- Have a series of meeting scheduled to negotiate rent prices in Southend and in Colchester
MASTERS DISSERTATION CELEBRATION:
- Organised a dissertation celebration for all masters students, outside SU, bar with the sabbatical team. Gave free drinks ( non-alcoholic and alcoholic) to all masters students that had finished their dissertation
- Now working on a PhD celebration for all PhD students that have handed in their thesis / finish exams for the first week of October.
- Working to incorporate this is into exams campaign, celebrating the finishing of dissertations and thesis.
- Working on making the SU exams campaign all year round, not just in the final term
- We mapped all the key points and that this year we would like to provide more support for students who have a number of deadlines as well.
- Walked with the employability and careers centre to finalise all the companies for the careers fair.
- All campaigns have been finalised and we have a better range of campaigns and better known graduate recruiter coming.
EMPLOYABILITY THROUGH ENTREPRISE:
- Planning global entrepreneurial week in Colchester and in Southend. Working with VP Southend and VP International of organise the week on both campuses
- VP international and I hand a meeting with the University’s Chief of Staff to come up with ideas on how to create a more inclusive environment for students and the community.
SABBATICAL VISIBILITY AND TRANSPARENCY
- Videoed the first ever monthly officer report, create a year schedule for all Sabbs and PTOs to be a part of the video report monthly.
- Ensured that the PTO’s have their own twitter accounts and Facebook pages
- Make sure the sabbatical teams are the admins on both Loughton and Southend s Fresher’s pages
- PTO’s have their pictures taken for the SU corridor wall.
If you have got any questions or comments about my report please post them below or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAVE YOUR SAY