Post Grad dissertation celebration
- Last year we started a post grad dissertation celebration because it seemed as though that the SU focuses on undergrads more than post grads. Therefor after speaking to post grads we saw this was what a lot of post grads wanted so we made it happen.
- This year I made sure that there was a celebration in both Southend and Colchester, (Loughton didn’t want one). We also made sure that we had free alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks at the bar everyday that there was a hand in date. We did this because we know that each department has a different hand in date, so we made sure that each department had a special shout out on social media and on the screens and got a free drink.
- Finally we organised a big celebration on the 16th of September. We had free bubbly free juice for all post grads, music in the squares for everyone to come too.
VP education leaving
Josh G our current VP education handed in his resignation. So we had three weeks to put together a plan and a handover.
- Firstly we put decided to get a intern place filled and also hold a by election.
- We worked on the intern job description and started advertising for the by election.
- We started to divide the VP education work load between the sabbs.
SU Ambassador training
- I worked with the VP Southend to restructure the SU ambassadors towards the end of last year.
- We planned their first ever training session for SU Ambassadors to help the SU ambassadors in Southend have more support in planning events on campus, working better as a team and balancing things.
- I helped organise and conduct the training session with learning and skills department.
- I focused on training the ambassadors on how to plan events and campaigns properly.
- I worked with our director of marketing and strategy to create template for all the sabbs welcome talks so that we can delivered the same standard and have the same information.
- I have also been working on my presentation with 5000 first years. Making sure that they know who I am and who the SU is and how they can get involved.
- I worked with two director's and VP education on a introduction into the SU presentation and what changes has happened in the SU so far.
- We had our first ever Loughton presentation. We organised a presentation to present to all course directors in east 15, which was very positive.
If you have got any questions or comments about my report please post them below or contact me at email@example.com.
HAVE YOUR SAY