FINANCIAL LITERACY TALK FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Our financial literacy talks are a go! On behalf of the SU, I will be hosting a financial literacy talk for international students to learn more about budgeting, banking and working in the UK. University staff will also be sharing about grants, scholarships and bursaries available. The talks will be taking place on the 11th and 18th October.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AWARDS
- In line with my manifesto, the SU has confirmed that this year, we will modify the International Student of the Award to recognise three deserving International students as International Students of the Year 2017/2018. Open to self-funded students who must be a registered student in the University of Essex for the year 2018/2019, the award comes with a tuition fee waiver of £2,000 each. Applications will open in April 2018 –for further details, contact email@example.com.
BUDDY SCHEME RELAUNCH
- On the 15th of September, we relaunched the Buddy Scheme for another year! The Buddy Scheme, run under the International Students Association, matches new EU or International students with current Essex students who'll help them settle into university life. Current students will act as Buddy Leaders to bring around new students, and new students will be able to explore Essex with a friend by their side as a Buddy. Sign up HERE – start your life at Essex with a friend!
SOUTHEND ARRIVALS DAY
- On the 24th of October, I supported VP Southend at our Southend Campus Arrivals Day for East15 Acting School to welcome new students to the University of Essex. We gave out free tea, coffee and cakes and highlighted our upcoming Freshers’ Events. For Southend students, if you haven’t gotten your wristband – get them here!
- I am currently working on improving wheelchair access to the Multifaith Chaplaincy as raised by a student on Student Ideas. I am bringing forward this issue to the University to see if there will be any changes this year to improve the situation not only for wheelchair users, but for students with young children in prams.
If you have got any questions or comments about my report please post them below or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAVE YOUR SAY