Book a minibus
You'll need to be a registered driver to drive our vehicles. For Southend we have one 16 seat minibus.
Book the 16 seat minibus
how can i become a registered driver?
To become a registered driver you'll need to*:
- Be over 21 years old
- Have a minimum of 2 years driving experience
- Have a full, clean UK driving license
If you meet all of these conditions and would like to take a minibus or people carrier test, please collect a test request form from the SU office.
Return the form to the SU office with your driving licence and a £10 deposit. You will also need to sign to say you have read, understood, and agree to the infomation in the downloadable Driver's Manual.
* If you do not meet the criteria above you might still be able to drive as a non-standard driver, please see section 1 of the drivers manual. If you want to apply for a test, fill in a non-standard drivers form as well as the other forms mentioned above.
Test slots must be booked and this can take time. Ensure you book plenty of time before your trip to ensure you pass in time.
To become a registered 16 seater minibus driver you will be required to complete all tests relevant to a people carrier driver plus:
- An on-road test with a minibus (approx. 1 hour -An instructor must be booked so you may have to wait until this is possible)
- An online eco-profiling test (approx. 30-45 mins with the fleet management team)
Cost: £48 + VAT
Nb. Testing may differ slightly for non-standard drivers, more information will be provided on application.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to ask at the SU office.