SU Vehicles

I want to book an SU Vehicle

All requests must be made online and only SU registered drivers can drive our vehicles. This means someone who has successfully passed our SU Driving Assessments (there's details about this at the bottom of the page). We can only process a booking that has an SU registered driver's name on it.

We've got 4 SU Vehicles potentially available to book. 3 'Access for All' Minibuses which seat 17 people including the driver (AWW, AWU, ZXC) and a People Carrier which seats 9 including the driver (SKD). If we don't have your request available then there is the option of hiring an external vehicle at a cost of approximately £80 a day* which we would be happy to organise for you on request. 

All ready to go? Just choose the right button below. Please allow at least 48 hours notice ahead of the date you need for us to complete the booking process (this means a Wednesday deadline for weekend bookings).

*plus VAT, this price doesn't include fuel which you'll need to pay for. Clubs and Socs can claim this back from their budget if receipts are kept.

Where are they parked?

The SU Vehicles have designated bays in the valley car park. This is where vehicles can be collected and where they will need to be returned.

To make life easier for everyone and to avoid the need for reversing, these bays have been designed to be used as a one way system. To enter a space and return the vehicles, drive down the first row and go into the spaces forwards, this means you'll be able to pull straight out and exit down the second row.

How good is that.

how can I beCOME aN SU registered driver?

First and foremost you'll need to have a minimum of 2 years driving experience, other criteria may be required however we'll contact you if this is the case.

If you would like to go ahead and apply to take our driving assessments to become an SU registered driver you'll need to do the following;



Download the Application for SU Vehicle Assessments form, or collect a one from SU Reception



Return the completed form to SU Reception with your photocard driving licence (the paper counterpart of your licence is no longer valid).



Download the Driver's Manual, read it and make sure it all makes sense - when you sign and submit the Assessment Form, you agree that you have read and understood the contents of the Driver's Manual.

Please bear with us as we can receive lots of applications at one time therefore it can take time to arrange all assessments. Please leave plenty of time before your trip to ensure you pass all stages of the assessments in plenty of time.

REQUIREMENTS to become an su registered driver

To become a registered People Carrier Driver you'll need to;

  • Meet the criteria and complete all relevant forms
  • Read the Drivers' Manual
  • Undertake an Online Risk Assessment (approx. 30 mins)
  • An online eco-profiling session (approx. 30 mins)
  • Undertake a Student's Union Vehicle Briefing Session (approx. 15 mins)

Cost £23 + VAT

To become a registered Minibus Driver you'll need to complete all of the requirements of the People Carrier Driver assessment, plus;

  • An On-Road Assessment in a minibus (1 hour - an instuctor is booked to do this assessment) 


Cost £36 + VAT

If you require further information please don't hesitate to email