Improvements to Common Room
The common room is not attractive to students as it isn't being used to its full potential. Students spend their whole day in their rooms because there is no chance to interact with other students.
What could be improved:
Students are not happy with paying for pool in the common room, because they think it is unfair as it should be included in the accommodation fee.
It needs more facilities, e.g. table football, table tennis, board games, playing cards and other activities.
These improvements will make the common room a place for students to connect with each other and make students become a part of a family
Tahira Ishfaq Afzal
Idea has been approved by the Union Chair.
Voting on the idea has closed. The idea will be referred to the next Students' Union Executive Committee where they'll decided whether to take the idea forward or to refer to an All Student Meeting. The next meeting is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, April 12th.
The Students' Union Executive agreed to support the idea. VP Southend will be taking this idea forward.
VP Southend will be speaking with the University about changing seating in the Southend common room.
The idea is almost done. We are only left with providing a football table. We are working with the accommodation to make this happen as soon as possible.
HAVE YOUR SAY
HOW it works
- Once the idea has been approved students will have 5 days to make suggestions to improve the idea.
- If suggestions are made and accepted by the proposer than the Union Chair will approve the final idea before voting opens.
- Voting will then open for five days.
- Ideas will only be considered by the Students' Union Executive if they receive at least 25 yes votes or 40% of the vote being yes, which ever number is the greatest.
- The idea will be accepted by the Executive if over 60% of the vote supports the idea. If it is inbetween 40% and 60% it will be referred to an All Student Meeting. If the idea gets over 60% of members supporting the Students' Union Executive can still refer the idea to an All Student Meeting.