East 15 (Loughton) President
- This is the main thing that I’ve been working on for the month of September. We just were finalising all of the details, and the week officially started on the 25th of September, welcoming new students. It seems to be going really well, and I think that we’ve really found some pointers for next year. Along with this, a big part of welcoming new students has been a lot of interaction with them and lots of emails/messages answering questions, etc.
- I’ve been working on recruiting volunteers for the Walk-Me-Home System and finishing the risk assessment and promo material. The wellbeing campaign launched officially with Tuesday, 26th September, with our Freshers’ Fair and handing out panic alarms and torches to new students. We also sent lots of posters down to the marketing team and are getting ready to have them printed and so that we can hang them around the SU and promote well-being. Looking towards October, we’ll be looking to start-up project X (the student led well-being projects).
STAFF PLANNING DAYS
- The SU got to be a part of East 15’s planning days which was good. First we introduced ourselves (the Sabbs and I) to the staff formally so that we are all in the clear of the SU’s function within East 15. From these days arose the need for English Language Cafes for some of our international students, and the need for a BAME forum where BAME students can have the opportunity to
- speak honestly about their experiences at East 15 with East 15 tutors and staff so that there is better understanding and so that both teams can be working together to better support BAME students.
COURSE REP SYSTEM
- We finally got everything sorted with the staff and are now organising the launch of the new course rep system with the first two weeks of October. This will hopefully end up in a better student-voice system on campus.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
- Just worked on finalising details to get Black History Month ready for the start of term!
If you have got any questions or comments about my report please post them below.
HAVE YOUR SAY