Welcome Week starts on Sunday 4th October!
This is an awesome opportunity for you to settle into campus life before teaching starts. Your Welcome Week will include a host of interactive, virtual and outdoor events where you can get involved in more than 20 activities and events.
These have been designed with safety in mind, as well as the opportunity for you to meet new people and enjoy the full student experience during these unprecedented times, subject to current government guidance.
Some of the things you can expect during Welcome Week include:
- The SU Bar will be open for beers, cocktails, a BIG SU Bar Quiz, Bingo, Karaoke, Club Tropicana 80s night, Happy Hour and more. Plus don't miss the virtual SU Bar Housewarming where you can meet other new students studying at essex!
- Until the government gives nightclubs the go ahead to re-open we're getting creative and transforming our nightclub, Sub Zero, into a new venue called 'Nightingale Arms'. This new (temporary) underground drinking space will bring you events including Noughties and Neon, a Beach Party, plus BBQ and Beats and more! Take a seat and enjoy some drinks with your new flatmates with some banging beats in the background!
- Come along to the SU Freshers Fair on the 10th and 11th October for a chance to learn more about our clubs, societies and volunteering opportunities. Explore and discover what you want to get involved in! If you can’t make it, there will also be a virtual SU Freshers Fair from 1st October to 31st October.
- We’ve set up a 'Click and Collect' takeaway service for food on Square 3, next to the SU Bar; you’ll be able to order your favourite SU dishes such as MOA Burgers and Wraps, Pizzas and Burgers, all through our new Food and Drink app ROUND.
- Starbucks reopening event from our new (temporary), bigger, brighter and airy home just off square 3.
- Enjoy a load of Just Play challenges, as well as a H.I.I.T workout by the Lakes!
- Lots of mixers that you can join to meet and chat to other new students.
Plus the majority of our SU Outlets will be reopening from the 28th September and will have a series of special offers during this time, through to Welcome Week. These include:
- The Extra Store will offer Meal Deals at a special Welcome Week launch price of £2.99.
- The Kitchen and the Mini Store will be offering upgrades on all hot drinks so you can get your caffeine fix during Welcome Week! Plus each morning during Welcome Week, be one of the first 20 customers to purchase a hot drink and you'll get a free croissant with your purchase!
*Please note activities are subject to change.
*We'll be constantly reviewing our services in line with government guidelines. Venue services and events are subject to change.