We know that renting your first house can be stressful and confusing stuff, and that’s why SUHomes is here. We’re here to make everything as simple as possible. Whilst we can't recommend agents, below you can find a list of all the letting agencies and other websites advertising accommodation:

Check our Student-friendly guide to renting to figure out all about renting a property.


HMO means: House of Multiple Occupancy.

HMO Licensing Law came into force October 2018.  Every landlord who had a 5 plus bedroom property is required to apply for a license as it became mandatory, meaning the landlord has no choice but to be licensed for this type of accommodation.

However, there is also Selective Licensing that some councils are implementing.  This means that any property that has 2 or more households living in them as a shared property also needs to have a license.  This includes 2, 3- and 4-bedroom shared apartments/houses.

To find out more about selective licensing and to see if a property you are interested in is located in these selected areas, please follow the below link to the government website which will explain this in a little more detail for you.