SU Leadership Election: Nominations are OPEN!

Have you been represented this year? We're looking for students who care passionately about their communities and want to shape the direction of the SU. Find out more...

SHAG Week - Abortion

For SHAG Week your SU have written an article on Abortion, including information on where to find support.

SHAG Week - Sexual Dysfunction

For SHAG Week your SU have written an article on Sexual Dysfunction, including information on where to find support.





Uni events: Why won’t they behave? Why can’t they learn?
13th May - 6th July
A short programme of FREE online talks on working with troubled children
Local event: Music in the Park: The Remnants (Popular Rock and Pop) & Chris Robson Band
21st-22nd May
Priory Park
The ever popular Music in the Park returns to Priory Park bandstand.
Local Club Event: Dirty Beats
21st May
Moo Moo's, 6 Warrior Square, Southend-on-Sea SS1 2JE
If you love MUSIC this is your night! £2.50 DIRTY SHOTS & BOMBS ALL NIGHT!
Southend SU Yoga at Prittlewell Fountain
22nd May
Prittlewell Square (Meet at the Fountain)
Craving a relaxed Sunday in the park? Why not join your SU Angel Annalena from 11 to 12 on Sunday at Prittlewell and enjoy an hour of yoga?
local club event: QUIDS IN
24th May
The Alex (From 7pm) Then Moo Moo's (11pm)
Start your night off at The Alex from 7PM, then head to Moo Moos from 11PM 'til 3AM, remember to get a stamp from The Alex for FREE entry Drinks start from ONLY £1. Mashup Music selection from resident DJ Courtney Mac!
Local Event: Circus Zyair
25th-29th May
Priory Park
Circus Zyair is proud to present a colourful and action packed hour and a half show with high energy acts from all over the world.



Yes, I could tell you "Go to everything, and go to it now!" But burn out is a massive thing which everyone goes through especially with work and uni deadlines, it’s all about balance. So, my tips to make the most out of your student experience are:

  1. Get involved! We have Vteam and communities to get memberships for
  2. Go to an event you wouldn’t normally go to - open yourself to new opportunities and people
  3. Go to a new study/social space - there are lots of spots with different atmospheres to mix up the study environment as deadline season approaches
  4. Leave campus to explore the local area. Check out independent shops and restaurants - it's a great way to separate from uni life





How do I extend my student visa from the UK?

If you are an international student currently living in the UK who has had to repeat a year, or who is changing from a pre-sessional to UG, or UG to PG course, you will need to extend your Student Visa by making an application to the Home Office. SU Advice can explain the process and help you by checking your documents, including your application form, whether you are applying for yourself or also for dependents.

How can I resolve a dispute with my landlord over my deposit?

Your deposit should be held in a Deposit Protection Scheme, and if you and your landlord can’t agree about deductions you may be able to use your scheme’s dispute resolution process. If you would like some help with this, or with any other issues relating to your old or new tenancy, SU Advice will be happy to help.

I’m a Masters’ student, and I don’t think I’ll be able to submit my dissertation on time...

If extenuating circumstances mean you need more time to complete your dissertation, and you are an existing student who is due to submit your dissertation for the first time this year, your department is now allowed to authorise extensions for more than four weeks if needed. To find out more, contact your supervisor or your department’s PG administrator, and don’t forget that SU Advice is also here to support you.



SU Advice are on hand to help with whatever you may need. Find us on square 3 or visit our page




Join our community of Essex students by following us on our socials.