The Catholic Society provides opportunities for students to celebrate the Catholic faith. We host a bunch of social events and international-inspired evenings to suit our fantastically diverse membership and, with the help of the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy, provide guidance, support and spirituality to anyone and everyone who wants it.
We're a very friendly society and we try to bring together students from all nationalities and backgrounds with friendship and love.
- if you want to deepen your faith;
- if you want to explore and understand the faith you were brought up in;
- if you want to meet like-minded people and discuss issues that you're not sure how you feel about;
- or if you just want to meet some nice people and make friends from all over the world
... then the Cath Soc is for you.
We hold regular meetings to learn about and discuss our faith (as well as our social lives) and we put on loads of fun social things during the year (the kind of stuff you can safely bring your non-Catholic flatmates to). We also provide opportunities for our members to serve the local community, including regular work with the St Vincent de Paul Society ('SVP'), which encourages students to visits hospitals, hospices, residential homes and prisons to help those in need.
- To support students in celebrating the Catholic faith.
- To support the work of the chaplaincy in providing spiritual and social help to all students
- To promote the Catholic church on campus and providing international and inter-religious dialogue
- To host social and spiritual events for the university community In keeping with the society
- To provide spiritual guidance and pastoral care with the chaplaincy
- To work with other religious and cultural groups on campus to promote international celebrations
There aren't any elections running right now