Celebrating Our Representatives

On Tuesday, we held a Recognition Evening to celebrate the work that our student representatives do. Find out who won our awards for their valued voluntary work.

SU Exam Mode: events & support

Know your BeReal from your Reels? For this role you have to be social savvy!


The In-Between: Agenda Pride
2nd June
The In-Between
The return of Agenda to launch Pride Month! <3
3rd June
SU Bar
Try our limited range of Cocktails
International Fiesta
3rd June
Sub Zero
The biggest International Party all term!
SU Bar Quiz
4th June
SU Bar
Our weekly Quiz with Guaranteed Cash Prize
SU Study Sesh & SU Makes
5th June
The Atrium
Join us in The Atrium for a weekly Social Science study sesh - and take a break with SU Makes!
Milk It
5th June
SU Bar
Come down to the SU Bar for the Cheesiest Night In Colchester




Antonio Ferreira


Antonio Ferreira, a second year Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience student, is an award-winning mental health activist and anti-racism campaigner. He was diagnosed with Undifferentiated Schizophrenia and Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder as a teenager, and he has used his own lived experiences to make a difference by advising organisations and has even advised Eastenders on their Schizophrenia storyline. Antonio won the Diana Award which was set up in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, to empower young people to lead change, inspire action and create opportunities. He appeared on Radio 1 alongside the Prince & Princess of Wales. Antonio has achieved a lot but says: “my biggest achievement is being happy and finding purpose. When you struggle with mental health, it can feel like you’re a floating boat in the world but once you figure out what you want to do and how you want to help people, you become more grounded and content.”  

“I like to remind people not to worry about feeling nervous in class because the truth is that 99% of people are also nervous. It can be difficult to be an activist and a student at the same time, but it definitely improves your multitasking and time management skills! If you let people know what you’re doing, they will be there to support and accommodate you.” 

Antonio has been part of the Enactus Essex Society, the Islamic Society and has played Futsal with the Blades. He says “I’ve always been trapped where my services are but coming to Essex has allowed me to explore and get out of London.”  

You can find more about Antonio and his work on his Instagram @antonioferreira_mh 


Want news about what's happening dropped straight to your inbox? Tell us what you want to hear about by ticking* the below boxes.

Please log in to change your memberships.

*By ticking any of the above boxes, you are consenting to receiving email communications in relation to the above selected preferences. Your details will be held in accordance with the Students' Union's Data Retention Policy and will not be shared with any other third party. Further details can be found on our privacy page. You are able to unsubcribe from receiving email communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails you receive in respect of the above preferences.