It's time to get to know the candidates running in the Leadership Race 2021.
2 weeks dedicated to helping us meet other Essex students!
Find all the latest updates on what we're working on.
USE #ESSEXSU TO SHARE YOUR PHOTO
VINNY's TIPS FOR SURVIVING WINTER
- Always have a jacket. Do not be tempted by the small ray of sunshine. The weather will suddenly drop, and you will become a popsicle.
- Heat is your best friend. Whether it’s a radiator or a hot chocolate, it will keep you warm and toasty. Calories are officially cancelled.
- WAP (Workout And Prioritise). Try to find at home exercises and prioritise any coursework you need to get done. There’s plenty of beneficial at-home energizers and you can have Zoom study sessions with friends.
- Treat Yourself. Want an extra pastry? Get it. Lay in bed all day? Do It. Give in to temptations because you come first. Do what makes you happy.
- Reach Out. Don’t hesitate to contact your support network. Winter brings a very different atmosphere. We’re always here to support you, every step of the way.
I’m worried that I haven’t done very well in my studies this term – what should I do?
The University has an Extenuating Circumstances policy which you can complete to notify the Exam Boards of any circumstances, outside of your control, that you feel have negatively impacted your work. Get in touch to discuss your options and how Extenuating Circumstances might be considered.
I’m an EU student – will I need a visa to return to the UK in January 2021?
From 11pm on 31st December 2020, EU, EEA and Swiss students will require immigration permission to come to the UK. If you are in the UK before this date you can apply using the EU Settlement Scheme instead of applying for a visa – for more information see the SU Advice EU Settlement Status FAQ’s.
I’m struggling with my finances – is there any help available to me?
Both the University and the SU offer financial support for students experiencing short-term financial difficulties. To check if you are eligible visit the University Hardship Fund and the SU Advice Hardship Loan. Get in touch if you would like to discuss your situation further.
GOT ANOTHER QUESTION?
SU Advice are on hand to help with whatever you may need. Find us on square 3 or visit our page
Join our community of Essex students by following us on our socials.