Whilst your time at University can often be the best years of your life, there are bound to be times when you need someone to turn to for support, guidance or advice.  Please see the information below and feel free to contact SU Advice to book an appointment to discuss your situation further.

Student visas

The UK introduced changes to the Immigration Rules for Students (and Child Students) on 5th October 2020.  These changes introduced the new Student visa route which replaces the previous Tier 4 (General) visa.  This Student route will also apply to EEA and Swiss Nationals arriving in the UK on, or after, 1st January 2021 who will be studying in the UK for more than 6 months and who do not have settlement rights.

SU Advice offers advice and guidance to those who wish to extend their current visa within the UK under the Student route.  We can also provide support to Student dependants applying at the same time as the main Student applicant as well as advice and guidance relating to breaches of a students immigration conditions. 

We can also provide basic information regarding working in the UK after your studies, however, we are unable to assist with applications for these routes. 

Regulation of Immigration Advice and Services

SU Advice has trained advisers who are able to immigration advice.  We are only able to give advice to our level of competency, therefore, in some case we may have to refer our clients to a specilalist immigration provider or solicitor.  Immigration advice and services are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), and we as an institution have to abide by the Commissioner's Code of Standard.  The OISC has the power to investigate complaints made about immigration advice and services provided by an institution.  For more information please see the OISC website.