The SU are the biggest employer on campus - for good reason. Working while you study is a great way to boost your CV and earn yourself some pocket money.
what can i do?
Students make up the majority of staff at the SU. You will be the face of the Union, providing excellent customer service and making sure that students get that kick ass membership everywhere they go. You'll have the opportunity to make a real difference to the life of your fellow students on campus and gain a range of skills and experiences for your C.V.
- SU Bar, Top Bar, Base or Sub Zero
- The Store, The Kitchen or Everything Essex
- Reception, SU Advice or Finance
- Promotions and Marketing
- Events and Entertainments
tips before you apply
We’ve put together a few tips to help you get it right first time. If you have any other questions check out our FAQ page, or get in touch at email@example.com
All of our current vacancies are at the bottom of this page, unfortunately we're not able to accept CVs or applications via email.
- Read the job description all the way through before you start your application - it tells you exactly what we're looking for.
- Explain how you meet each of the criteria in the job description - give examples.
- Don’t just tell us about the jobs you have had. We are interested in you, so tell us about all the skills and experience you have, wherever you got them from.
- We’re interested in more than your academic record, so tell us about informal training you’ve done as well as your qualifications.
- Take your time. It’s not always easy to get your message across on paper, so make sure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete a really good application
- Check and double check what you have written, or get someone else to check it for you. An application full of typing mistakes probably won’t make a great first impression.
- If you really want the job, let us know!
These are all the positions we're looking to fill right now, if none of these take your fancy then check back another time.