GOT AN IDEA?
Essex SU is run for students, by students. You can shape your time at Essex in many ways, one is by submitting ideas and if students support this idea, working with the SU to make it happen.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You submit an idea
- Talk to the SU about the idea and decide if its feasible.
- SU Staff assess the idea and categorise it as:
- Short: this should require less time and resources and is completely within the SU’s control to fix
- Medium: requires slightly less time and resources to achieve. The SU will commit to spending a term working on this project
- Long: requires lots of time. The SU will commit to spending a year working on this project
- Your idea is added to the website for discussion by students
- Your idea is voted on by students
- Short: Needs 5% of the affected student body to be in favour. The idea is open for voting for a full term or until it hits quoracy.
- Medium: Needs 10% of the affected student body to be in favour. The idea is open for voting until the end of term.
- Long: Needs 20% of student body to be in favour. The idea is open for voting until the last day of term 3.
- If your idea reaches the quota and is one of the most popular we can work on delivering it