This two hour session has been developed by the University of Essex's Security and Campus Safety team, who are trained and qualified by Elite Security Training Ltd. Due to the active nature of the session, there is a health questionnaire and disclaimer to sign before taking part in any activity.
What will be covered in the session:
- Self-defense law
- Fear-factor (how your body reacts to danger)
- Danger awareness
- Blocking and striking
- What to do after an incident
- Services available on campus
What to bring to the session:
- Comfortable or active-wear clothing
- Bottle of water
How to book - three ways:
- Book via the Essex Sport App, available for free on the App Store and Google Play. Everyone with an @essex email has an account and you may have to ‘request a pin’ but once linked it’s a simple process. When searching for the session click the ‘social sessions’ tab within the app. To request a PIN choose "Forgotten your PIN" at the start of the registration process.
- Book online with your email and pin number; everyone with an @essex email has an account and you may have to ‘request a pin’. To request a PIN choose "Forgotten your PIN" at the start of the registration process.
- Book by telephone on 01206 873250 using Name and PRID number.
We look forward to seeing you at the session soon!
I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT...
Want news about what's happening dropped straight to your inbox? Tell us what you want to hear about by ticking* the below boxes.
*By ticking any of the above boxes, you are consenting to receiving email communications in relation to the above selected preferences. Your details will be held in accordance with the Students' Union's Data Retention Policy and will not be shared with any other third party. Further details can be found on our privacy page. You are able to unsubcribe from receiving email communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails you receive in respect of the above preferences.