Welcome to Community Creative Writing! We believe that writing has the power to demonstrate creativity, bring communities together and improve wellbeing. Our plan is to have weekly writing sessions in which volunteers will contribute with their poems and short stories that we plan to publish into a small book which will be sold. All the money earned from the sales will be donated to a charity 🥰💞
We’re leading groups of creative writing sessions. Each session will entail:
• A warm welcome to anyone new
• A warm-up writing exercise
• An opportunity for anyone to read their writing to the rest of the group
• A group focus which changes each week (one week we might try writing sonnets, then flash-fiction the week after)
• Session leaders will give you a writing idea, or prompt, that you might like to try in your own time
We run a weekly session on campus. Feel free to drop in to whichever sessions you like.
We’re also looking to expand this project and run sessions in the wider community, in the future. If you would like to become a session leader, send an email to email@example.com. You don’t need creative writing experience – training will be provided!
Register here to be added to the volunteer mailing list.