Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 939 1724 4379
We know that with everything going on this year, it’s a little tough finding the opportunity to chat to other students. Whether it is chatting about uni, home, or fun, socialising is a key part of being a student. With the common room closed until further notice, us History students are missing an important part of our community.
That’s why the History Society is launching a Virtual Student Space, hosted twice a week via zoom, for all history students to use when they need and want to. These zoom sessions will be open on Tuesday’s 10am-12pm and Thursday’s 3pm-5pm. There will be at least one History Society Exec present on each call so feel free to have a chat or ask us any questions. However, these virtual spaces are to be used for what you want.
- Why not come along with some friends or classmates and we can put you in a breakout room?
- Not sure who is on your module? Let us know and we can try and put you in touch!
- Got an essay question you want some advice on? Pop along for some wisdom from peers.
- Struggling to meet people on your course? Come and say hello!
- Need to vent about general student stuff? Don’t we all. All venting welcome.
- Let us know if there is anything else you’d like to see these sessions used for and we will do our best to facilitate.
There is no pressure to stay for the full scheduled time, make use of the time as you need it. We will be happy to organise specific study/reading sessions if requested, please just ask in advance. As a general rule, we do not permit the sharing of our own essays on this forum.
If anyone is interested in coming along but is perhaps a little nervous, drop us a message and we’ll be more than happy to introduce you.
Any questions, please contact us: