Listed by Essex Students' Union
Application deadline: Sun 21 Oct 2018
this is no normal job.
We're on a journey to become the world's most student-centred organisation and this is your chance to join us.
Are you passionate about education or supporting charities in general, are you interested in acting as advisers to the board and providing students with a kick ass membership?
WHAT YOU'LL DO.
THE DAY TO DAY.
As a Student Trustee you will attend Trustee Board meetings, usually 6 a year and the AGM, regular Committee meetings, as well as attend relevant SU events to support the activities and the development of the SU. You will also support the elected Sabbatical team and other Trustees to maintain good financial and legal governance of the University Essex Students' Union as recommended by the Charities Commission.
What we stand for
Our mission can be easily summed up in four promises we make to all of our members. Every single thing we do falls under one of these promises.
1: We promise to get you an amazing degree and job
We'll fill up your CV, make sure you course is great, and even give out fruit and water before exams. We'll give you all the tools you need to destroy the competition in interviews.
2: We promise to give you a kick-ass membership
Bars, coffee shops, restaurants, a nightclub, hair salon, even a cinema, all on campus. And hundreds of clubs and societies too. You'll never be bored at Essex.
3: We promise to let you shape everything
You're in charge of what we stock in our venues and how we work. You can vote by dropping a token in a box, and write on our walls. You control everything we do together.
4: We promise to be here for everyone
We're a mix of students from 135 different countries of every age, gender, sexuality, religion, year of study and shoe size. We'll look after you whatever.
- Ensuring that the Students' Union acts in accordance with its charitable objectives, constitution and other guidance documents, remaining true to its vision, mission and strategic direction
- Being responsible for the performance of the Union and for its behaviour, ensuring that the Union complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that the Union does not undertake any activities that put its financial stability, members or reputation at undue risk
- Participating fully in Union board meetings
- Supporting the Union with its Charity Commission registration
- Driving the strategic development of the organisation through development of a Strategic Plan and monitioring of its Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring adequate performance of the Students' Union Chief Executive
- To ensure that the views of our members are regularly considered in relation to the actions of the Students' Union
- Acting with integrity and maintaining confidentiality at all times
Who you are
The kind of person you'll need to be
So that's a bit about us.
what about you?
Sounds like the dream job for you? Good, now it's time to show us why you're the person we're looking for.
I'm ready to apply, let's do this.
Colchester, Loughton, Southend