Bookable rest and relaxation pods now on campus...
Deep in revision and need a break? We've got a solution.
As part of the SU's #ExamMode support we're proud to announce The SU Pods are returning.
We've created six private, bookable pods so you can take time out of revision and return refreshed.
Each SU pod features:
- A completely dark, night-time interior
- 1 x giant bean-bag, big enough to lay back on
- 3 x soft, cosy and colourful cushions
- 1 x gentle, colour-changing mood light
- 1 x complimentary bottle of mineral water
The SU Pods are based on the top floor of the Silberrad Centre (in the large reading room), with stunning views over the lake.
As a member of Essex Students' Union, they're completely free-of-charge for you to use - we'll even charge your phone for you while you're in the pod :)
How it works:
The pods are bookable in 40 minute slots - you can book by clicking here or by heading up to the SU Pods reception desk on the top floor of the Silberrad Centre. Only three of the Pods are bookable online in advance. Three are reserved for walk-ins, and people booking at the desk in the Silberrad Centre.
The SU Pods open on Monday 14th May at 12pm.
From then on the pods will be available to book between 12pm - 8pm, Monday to Friday until the end of exams.
Some SU Pods pointers:
- All pods will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis
- Each booking starts on the hour and we ask you to arrive at least 5 minutes before your booking starts, otherwise we may reallocate your slot
- Pods are for University of Essex students aged 18 and above only
- There can only be 1 person in each pod