Health and Well-being

No ratings yet. Log in to rate.

Moving to another city or country to study can be stressful for some students. Leaving family and friends for the first time to start a new chapter in your life can sometimes start with a great experience, but we know this might not always be the case. This is why we're always on hand to give support to students if they are worried about finance, not “fitting in”, under pressure from many student activities and studying or just feeling homesick.


Everybody is going to have ups and downs, but if you're feeling like you're struggling, make sure you know what support is available. 

The University offer a range of support services including specialist counsellors and psychotherapists. To find out what the University can support you with, take a look at their Mental Health and Well-being services.

If this is the first time you've moved away from home, chances are you're going to feel a bit homesick from time to time. That's OK and totally normal, it's usually pretty eays to overcome too.

General Practitioner (GP)

Our nearest general practitioner is located on Southend Campus at the back entrance to the Gateway Building.  You can register for free at the beginning of the academic year, just bring your student ID card.

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

If you are a European student coming to study in UK, you have a right to get a EHIC for free. The EHIC covers treatment that is medically necessary until your planned return home. Consider applying for it before moving to the UK as you may need to present it while applying for a National Insurance Number or work permit. You can find out more information here.


No comments have been made. Please log in to comment.