Since the new academic year has started, I have been putting plans in place for a safety campaign which will be in collaboration with our on-campus security and SWIS for the first term. I have also been planning for SHAG Week, Movember, Black History month and World mental health day.
Some things I have also been working on are listed below:
- Working with the Faith centre on plans to create pop-up faith spaces, and showcase the faith centre to our members.
- Working on plans around our on campus allotment, and how we can use the space as a wellbeing area for students to go and decompress.
- Working with our V-Team to create a clubbing crew
- Re-established lighting working group, which includes our women's officer San and organised a Night walkthrough of the campus
- Training for sports clubs and socieities around MHFA, Consent and support
- Policy around relocation of students under serious student conduct in accomodation
- Campaign for student parents with EJ Francis
- Attended both Southend and Loughton's freshers fairs
- Working on Student staff training around consent in the SU
- Been through some training sessions with the University
- Worked in collaboration with the council on a 'See you Safer' campaign which will now be held physically on campus during nights out
- Been working with community 360 and the Greenstead Project to hold a 'Community Health Day' on campus.