It’s nearly the end of term, and what a year it’s been for all of us!
First, we need to thank all of you. Without you guys we couldn’t have achieved all the things we have this year to make everyone’s experience at Essex even better.
- We have improved mental health support on campus and we now have wellbeing ambassadors on hand.
- We’ve improved study spaces and provisions in the library. We made the library available 24 hours a day. And we helped distribute deadlines better.
- We put a price freeze on travel saver cards and introduced the SU saver card.
- We improved provisions for hate, sexual and race crime.
- And we created gender-neutral toilets.
- There is a larger range of fruit and veg, salad, halal and vegan options available on campus.
- And we brought Guinness to top bar!
- Our course reps also had some incredible wins this year, which you can read about here.
Together we have done some amazing things, and created change.
But now it’s time to let off steam from all those essays, exams, projects, practices and performances. There’s going to be a giant waterslide down the Ivor Crewe hill tomorrow at 3pm, with splat and water wars, and we have Summer Ball to look forward to over the weekend.
It’s been an incredible year, and we can’t wait to see you all back in October. And if it’s your last year with us, then we wish you all the best for the future.
Your SU x