Starting university life means it’s time to start planning meals, shopping lists and figure out all things food (and treats, obviously).
1. ON-CAMPUS OUTLETS
If you don’t want to go to town, or if you urgently need to get specific products, then our campus has a lot of options when it comes to acquiring food.
- There are vending machines offering cold drinks and snacks in The Gateway Building and the second floor of The Forum which also has a hot drinks vending machine.
- SU Lounge breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and hot food at student-friendly prices
See the Southend SU Venue opening times here
Here are a couple of local options that you can visit to get your food shop done and dusted.
Need to find your way? Goole Maps is a great tool for getting directions whether you’re walking or going by taxi or bus.
- Sainsbury’s is just a two-minute walk from campus
- Iceland is an eight-minute walk from campus, and there is a larger store fourteen minutes away from campus.
- Tesco Express is a nine-minute walk from campus
- Lidl is fourteen minutes away from campus
Take a look at this map to find your way you’ll find that most places are within easy reach of campus.
Most supermarkets also have international sections or aisles that specifically offer products and ingredients from different countries and continents, but there are local international food stores to choose from too, which are easy enough to find using Google Maps too.
If you want to eat out, there are plenty of cafés, sandwich shops and restaurants within easy reach to suit all tastes and budgets. Westcliff-on-Sea, particularly the Hamlet Court Road area, offers a wealth of independently-owned eating outlets from countries around the world including China, Italy, Greece and India.
Maxwells and Gino’s come highly recommended, and there’s also a Pizza Express, ASK Italian and a Nando’s nearby too.
And if you don’t feel like cooking or going out to get food, you can always have the food brought to you. There are many take-away delivery options near campus to choose from.