If you think about university as a place, where people not only study, but also have great fun and meet awesome people, joining Polish Society is a great idea for you! We are an outstanding Society with amazing atmosphere and tremendous events. Do you want to try some delicious Polish food, meet great people, and have fun? In Polish Society, everyone is welcome, so don’t hesitate and join us for the experience of your life!
- is to integrate students of all nationalities that have an interest in Polish culture as well as to create a stronger Polish community at the University of Essex. We would like to promote awareness of Polish language, literature, music, history, cuisine.
- Provide assistance for Polish students studying in a foreign country.
- Provide assistance in teaching non-Polish members the aspects of Polish culture and language.
- Organise Polish Themed film nights, social events, Polish National Holiday celebrations and cooking evenings.
- Organise trips around the UK, in order to attend events such as concerts, exhibitions, lectures and conferences.
- Provide opportunities for members to volunteer, gain new skills and meet new people.
SOME PAST EVENTS AND WHY YOU SHOULD BUY YOUR MEMBERSHIP:
Free pool, table tennis and video games for members during our post-elections games night in Level-Up.
Volunteering as Polish-speaking teaching assistants. An opportunity to improve and gain new skills, make new friends and give back to the community. For students who have come from Poland, you will gain an insight into the schooling system in Britain. This is an opportunity to enhance your CV and the hours that you volunteer count towards the Big Essex Award, the University’s Employability Award, included on your transcript.
Cooking classes, food tasting sessions and opportunities to introduce students to Polish cuisine.
Subsidised tickets and transport, for members, to the NEXT STEP: Poland Conference in Cambridge, an opportunity to network, meet fellow Polish students from around the world and secure graduate jobs and internship opportunities.
Reduced ticket costs to the amazing National Colours Night on campus with a number of other cultural societies, and free entry to off-campus socials.
A Christmas dinner, either traditional British or Polish theme (decided by our members) with secret Santa.
Like our Facebook page to stay up to date with upcoming events and news.