Hello, we are the VTEAM TEACHING ASSISTANTS PROJECT
The teaching assistants’ project is aimed at any current students at the University of Essex. This project is an amazing opportunity for those who are looking to work in schools or other teaching environments. Our volunteers help teachers deliver lessons, whilst gaining important skills themselves. Amount of volunteers per classroom is limited.
What you can expect from the Teaching Assistance Project:
- You will work with children in a local primary school,
- Learn from and support local teachers as a teaching assistant,
- Contribute to lessons and get real classroom experience,
- Get a first-hand perspective on teaching and its challenges,
- Organise and complete departmental specific teaching assisting,
- Potentially assisting in the running of varied planned and approved activities.
What you will gain from the project:
- Organisational skills - coming preparedto the sessions
- Time mamagement skills - being on time for pick up !!!!!!!!! (Always better to be early) :)
- Patience and understanding -
- Team work/ collaberation - liase with other professionals
- Adaptability - work with children is unpredictable
- Creative thinking - thinking of new and interesting ways to engage the children
CONTACT US FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION:
Project leader - Angel Tolley:
- Instagram: vteam_teaching assistants
The plan of action is to run two sessions per week: one morning and one afternoon session per week. All travel is paid for from the university to the school and back each session.