As an SU we believe that everyone should be entitled to a safe night out on campus.
To achieve this, we provide the following:
- SU Welfare Assistants – dressed in yellow t-shirts so they’re easy to spot, our Welfare Assistants are here to help look out for your wellbeing
- First Aid Trained Staff – so that we always have help on hand if needed
- SIA Registered Security team – to keep you safe and help the night run smoothly
- ‘Ask Angela’ Scheme – on a date and it’s not going well? Or feel unsafe for any reason? Simply come to the bar and ask for ‘Angela’ and our staff will know to help you discreetly, for example by calling a taxi on your behalf
- Precautions to prevent drink spiking – we recommend staying safe by keeping your drink close and not accepting drinks from strangers. We also have free anti-spiking drinks toppers at the bar, simply ask to get one.
- 24-hour Security Team - The University security team are based in the Information Centre on Square 3, or you can call them on 01206 872125.
- Free drinking water – stay hydrated and minimise a hangover the following day by grabbing a free glass of water from the bar. You’ll thank us tomorrow!
In order to keep you safe on a night out, we carry out a number of random searches to make sure no one is bringing anything into sub zero that they shouldn’t be. To be as transparent as possible, we keep a record of the searches conducted.
NOT BEHAVING? PARTY'S OVER
To help make sure everyone in Sub Zero has a great night and in line with our SU values we operate a strict zero tolerance approach to any form of:
- Drug taking
- Sexual Violence
- Anything that makes others feel uncomfortable
It is on all of us to behave. If not, the party’s over for you and we may take further action. If you witness any unacceptable behaviour or ever feel unsafe please speak to any of our security team.