WE KNOW IT'S SUPER BORING, BUT IT'S KIND OF IMPORTANT YOU READ THIS STUFF BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR TICKET, WE CAN'T ALWAYS OFFER REFUNDS.
You can see our banning policies here
These terms and conditions override all other advertised information.
Management and security reserve the right to refuse admission for unsociable behaviour and/or if a customer is judged to be too intoxicated or refuses to be searched. Management reserve the right to refuse entry to the venue for any reason. Management reserve the right to move events to different campus venues. Management also reserve the right to change the opening and closing times without prior notice. Students are responsible for the actions of their guests and if their guests contravene Union venue policies students will face an equal or greater punishment depending on the situation. Free Drinks will only be served to customers who aren’t intoxicated, any customers who we think are intoxicated won’t be served.
University of Essex Students' Union reserve the right to withdraw any promotional offers at any time without notice.
Rights over admission reserved.
If you receive a Venue Ban you won't be entitled to a refund on your event ticket.
YOU MUST PRESENT VALID PHOTO ID TO GAIN ENTRY TO AN EVENT.
We only accept valid University of Essex Student Registration cards, valid photo passports, or a valid photo driving licence. No other forms of ID are accepted. If you are unable to provide Valid Photo ID you will not gain admission to the event and refunds will not be given if a ticket has been purchased.
We are generally unable to offer refunds on tickets - please make sure you are able to attend an event when you purchase your table. If you have been banned from the premises for any reason and have purchased a tickets you will not be given a refund. Tickets are non transferrable.
If due to Government or University guidance we are unable to open we will contact ticket holders and look to roll tickets over to a suitable alternative event, if you are unable to attend that event you will be offered a refund.
If due to a change in entry conditions (such as the need to be double vaccinated to enter Sub Zero) we will contact ticket holders and offer them the chance to obtain a refund if they are unable to comply with the entry conditions.
Please note that if you break the venue policies or ANY law relating to licensing you may be banned from the venue. You can find out more information about bans here
- Essex SU has a zero-tolerance policy toward drug use at its licensed venues. Searches will be in operation, as well as sniffer dogs for some events.
- Students found in possession of illegal substances will be banned for a minimum of 6 weeks and can face a lifetime ban. In extreme cases, students can be arrested and expelled from University.
- Non-Students found in possession of illegal substances will receive a lifetime ban from all licensed premises at Essex SU
- If you decline a search upon arrival, you will not be allowed in the venue that night.
- Taking drugs bought from unknown sources can lead to life-threatening illnesses. Be aware of the current risks: www.talktofrank.com
Essex University Students' Union venues operate a last entry time of 12:30am for Sub Zero. Unfortunately, we can't offer refunds to customers who fail to arrive after last entry time.
So we can show everyone how great our events are, we might be filming or photographing you when you visit. By buying a ticket or attending a free event you give permission to be filmed and for the footage to be used like this. These photos and videos may be used for marketing and promotional purposes. This includes posting them on our website and social media channels. If there is a photo of you that you wish to be removed please send a link of the photo to email@example.com and this will be resolved for you.
To make sure everyone is as safe as they can be at events some members of staff wear body cameras. This footage might be used by the Students’ Union for disciplinary investigations. By buying a ticket to any Students’ Union event you give permission to be filmed and for the footage to be used like this.
Please be aware for all our giveaway nights one prize ticket is allocated per person - this is at the discretion of management. Decisions of management are also final.
You can find us at:
University of Essex Students' Union
You can phone us on:
Or you can drop an email to:
By using the SU Taxi SOS service with Roman Cabs I agree that:-
- I will only use the SOS cab service when I am without planned funds to make my journey home (e.g. wallet/purse is lost or has been stolen) or I am in a vulnerable state e.g. intoxicated, at threat, I feel there is a risk to my safety and/or require support services.
- I will only use the SOS cab service for a journey (capped at £10) back to my home address (either residential or university accommodation).
- I will only be able to use this service with Roman Cars (RC) of Colchester – the cab can be ordered through the online app or by calling Roman Cars directly.
- I will only be able to use the SOS cab service on presentation of my Registration card and PRID number to the driver.
- I will abide by Roman Cars terms and conditions and understand that I will be liable for any additional fees in line with these terms and conditions (e.g. if the student is sick in the cab, a cleaning charge will need to be paid by the student).
- I will sign a docket showing the fare, the acceptance of liability for the cost (including a £1.50 administration fee) and the terms applicable
- I will settle the fee due within 7 days at the SU Reception. I understand that should I fail to repay within 7 days I will be sent a reminder email. If the fee remains unpaid, my details (Name, PRID and amount owed) will be passed to the University Income and Finance team and will be registered as a University debt. This may prevent a student being able to re-register/attend a graduation ceremony until the debt is repaid. I will also not be allowed to use the SOS service again until the debt is repaid.
- I will only be able to use the SOS cab service a maximum of 5 times in any 12 month period. Your SU reception will track activity and take positive action to support those students have used the service over the allowed amount.