WE KNOW IT'S SUPER BORING, BUT IT'S KIND OF IMPORTANT YOU READ THIS STUFF BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR TICKET, WE CAN'T ALWAYS OFFER REFUNDS.
You can see our banning policies here
These terms and conditions override all other advertised information.
Management and security reserve the right to refuse admission for unsociable behaviour and/or if a customer is judged to be too intoxicated or refuses to be searched. Management reserve the right to refuse entry to the venue for any reason. Management reserve the right to move events to different campus venues. Management also reserve the right to change the opening and closing times without prior notice. Students are responsible for the actions of their guests and if their guests contravene Union venue policies students will face an equal or greater punishment depending on the situation. Free Drinks will only be served to customers who aren’t intoxicated, any customers who we think are intoxicated won’t be served.
University of Essex Students' Union reserve the right to withdraw any promotional offers at any time without notice.
Rights over admission reserved.
If you receive a Venue Ban you won't be entitled to a refund on your event ticket.
YOU MUST PRESENT VALID PHOTO ID TO GAIN ENTRY TO AN EVENT.
We only accept valid University of Essex Student Registration cards, valid photo passports, or a valid photo driving licence. No other forms of ID are accepted. If you are unable to provide Valid Photo ID you will not gain admission to the event and refunds will not be given if a ticket has been purchased.
We are unable to offer refunds on table bookings - please make sure you are able to attend an event when you purchase your table. If you have been banned from the premises for any reason and have purchased a table you will not be given a refund.
Please note that if you break the venue policies or ANY law relating to licensing you may be banned from the venue. You can find out more information about bans here
SU BAR AND NIGHTINGALE ARMS TABLES:
Photo ID in the form of a VALID reg card, driving license or passport will be required on the door. Tickets are non-transferable, only valid for the venue which you booked and you must be over 18 to attend events.Re-Sold tickets are not valid and a refund will not be given under these circumstances.
- When purchasing a ticket you are purchasing a table on behalf of the total number of people in your party. This must not exceed 6 people.
- When purchasing a ticket please ensure you are purchasing the correct group size. Groups larger than the table purchased cannot be accommodated, please do not book a table larger than you require, this is so we can ensure fair access to all.
- Tickets will not be refunded in the case of a no show.
- You must arrive at the time allotted on your ticket, we reserve the right to refuse entry to those who do not arrive on time.
- Table booking will cover the cost of the event entry.
- First year students will be given a priority when booking tickets, no individual may book more than one table in 24 hours.
- You must agree to follow our covid-19 guidelines and failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave, you can read more about those here
- If you choose to pre-drink please do so responsibly as we have a legal obligation to refuse access to intoxicated customers.
Providing you arrive at your designated time, your table is booked for the entire evening from your arrival time until closing. Please be aware that your group will need to remain at the table and leaving the table empty may result in your table being re- allocated to a new customer.
In order to ensure all those who wish to use our services can, please note that we do expect customers to be using the bar service. Those who are not using the bar service will be asked to leave.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NON-STUDENTS:
All events are open to students and staff of the University of Essex, unfortunately at this time we are not welcoming members of the public to our venues. Any members of the public who purchase tables will have their booking cancelled and will not be offered a refund.
Essex University Students' Union venues operate a last entry time for each table booking, you must arrive within 15 minutes of your allocated booking time. Unfortunately, we can't offer refunds to customers who fail to arrive within their booking window.
So we can show everyone how great our events are, we might be filming or photographing you when you visit. By buying a ticket or attending a free event you give permission to be filmed and for the footage to be used like this. These photos and videos may be used for marketing and promotional purposes. This includes posting them on our website and social media channels. If there is a photo of you that you wish to be removed please send a link of the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and this will be resolved for you.
To make sure everyone is as safe as they can be at events some members of staff wear body cameras. This footage might be used by the Students’ Union for disciplinary investigations. By buying a ticket to any Students’ Union event you give permission to be filmed and for the footage to be used like this.
Please be aware for all our giveaway nights one prize ticket is allocated per person - this is at the discretion of management. Decisions of management are also final.
You can find us at:
University of Essex Students' Union
You can phone us on:
Or you can drop an email to:
By using the SU Taxi SOS service with Roman Cabs I agree that:-
- I will only use the SOS cab service when I am without planned funds to make my journey home (e.g. wallet/purse is lost or has been stolen) or I am in a vulnerable state e.g. intoxicated, at threat, I feel there is a risk to my safety and/or require support services.
- I will only use the SOS cab service for a journey (capped at £10) back to my home address (either residential or university accommodation).
- I will only be able to use this service with Roman Cars (RC) of Colchester – the cab can be ordered through the online app or by calling Roman Cars directly.
- I will only be able to use the SOS cab service on presentation of my Registration card and PRID number to the driver.
- I will abide by Roman Cars terms and conditions and understand that I will be liable for any additional fees in line with these terms and conditions (e.g. if the student is sick in the cab, a cleaning charge will need to be paid by the student).
- I will sign a docket showing the fare, the acceptance of liability for the cost (including a £1.50 administration fee) and the terms applicable
- I will settle the fee due within 7 days at the SU Reception. I understand that should I fail to repay within 7 days I will be sent a reminder email. If the fee remains unpaid, my details (Name, PRID and amount owed) will be passed to the University Income and Finance team and will be registered as a University debt. This may prevent a student being able to re-register/attend a graduation ceremony until the debt is repaid. I will also not be allowed to use the SOS service again until the debt is repaid.
- I will only be able to use the SOS cab service a maximum of 5 times in any 12 month period. Your SU reception will track activity and take positive action to support those students have used the service over the allowed amount.